Incumbent serves as the Recycling Assistant, responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the Columbus/Bartholomew Recycling Center and related facilities. General work will include 24 hours of service per week. Working days include Monday through Saturday and may vary as workloads fluctuate.
- Responsible for the receipt of recyclables from private residents, businesses, and municipalities including unloading materials, screening for contaminants, and distributing accurate information to customers.
- Responsible for assisting in the processing of all materials received at the Recycling Center. This may include but is not limited to bailing, weighing, loading, crushing, flattening, and separation. Pre-processing preparation (hand sorting, contaminant removal) is required.
- Responsible for the proper storage and loading of unprocessed and processed recyclables of the Recycling Center.
- Assists with maintaining a record of materials received, processed, and sent to market.
- Assists with the proper housekeeping of the grounds and buildings of the Recycling Center and Warehouse as well as the general maintenance of equipment.
- Assists in the routine operation of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program to receive and process material from residents including the processing and shipping of material.
- Assists in the routine operation of the Electronics Recycling Program and routine operation of other programs of activity (i.e. Teacher Reuse, Adopt-A-Road) and other facilities (Landfill, Commercial Cardboard Program, Yard Waste Site) as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma with experience in recyclables processing, warehouse operations, scheduling, and inventory is preferred. Ability to effectively work with the public is required. A mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate equipment (including but not limited to a baler, fork truck, lawn mower, etc.) is required; Must pass a routine drug screening test.
Personal Work Relations: Ability to deal tactfully and responsively with the general public and the ability to work in harmony with other employees and supervisors.
Working Conditions: Incumbent performs a wide variety of activities including unloading/sorting, processing, and loading of recyclables. Policy and guidance is provided by the Recycling Supervisor and Director as per the District Board of Directors.
This job posting is intended to be a general summary of job content. It should not be construed to be an exhaustive listing of the job duties or requirements.
Salary: $12.33/hr.- $12.83/hr.
Submit Applications to District Office, 720 South Mapleton Street, Columbus, IN 47201 by end of business on Friday, June 22nd, 2018.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER